Teaching and Learning Director
A little about us
We're helping students fulfil their potential.
We are seeking a Teaching and Learning Director to lead the jumpAgrade teaching community. jumpAgrade are Rethink Ireland Social Enterprise Award Winners, Rethink Ireland Education Innovation Fund Award Winners and Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Scale Partners.
jumpAgrade provides targeted personalised tuition supports to students from underrepresented groups. Our core support is to provide personalised weekly feedback from expert teachers to our students. Alongside this, we provide masterclasses, live teacher office hours, study skills and wellbeing workshops. Our focus is to support students from underrepresented groups to unlock their potential and progress through to third level and skilled work. We provide our services directly to Public Sector bodies to support young people under their remit.
jumpAgrade aims to become the unique service provider to provide targeted tuition to underrepresented student groups for the Department of Education.
€40k - €60k
We are based on the University of Limerick campus, in the Nexus Innovation Centre. Our feedback framework was designed by a pedagogy team at the Edtech Research and Design Centre at Trinity College Dublin. We have evidence to show average student grade improvements of 14.6% and 87% of our students improving their confidence. We also have a PhD commissioned through the School of Education in the University of Limerick to track the learning outcomes of our students.
Who we work with?
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
- Mary Immaculate College
- Trinity College Dublin
- University of Limerick
We work directly with Third Level Access programmes, Local Development Companies and DEIS schools across Ireland to level the playing field in education. In addition, we have been covered extensively by the national media in Ireland.
The Opportunity & Need
Covid-19 has brought about transformational change within the education sector. Some of this has been progressive; students, teachers, schools and state bodies now see the potential tech-enhanced learning has. But the pandemic has also brought about huge challenges; it has widened the inequality gap and put those at risk in a more vulnerable situation without many of the supports they would have had access to before. We see it as our responsibility not only to be on the right side of the change in education, but to drive progressive change for those who need it most.
- Motivate and lead jumpAgrade teaching team
- Work closely with jumpAgrade founders David Neville and Pádraic Hogan to devise and implement teaching & learning strategy
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes across the jumpAgrade teaching and learning team
- Attract and recruit the most talented and innovative teachers across Ireland
- Co-create the jumpAgrade service delivery model alongside the founding team, operations, teaching & learning and technical development teams
- Develop an operational structure for the teaching and learning team to perform to the best of their ability.
- Ensure that each jumpAgrade student receives the highest level of attention and care possible
- Support advocacy efforts of jumpAgrade and the wider team as we work towards more equitable support for students who need it most.
Required Experience and Skills:
Candidates need to show a high level of social awareness and to have experience at a school leadership level.
- Fully qualified teacher
- Track record of leading high functioning teams
- Social enterprise experience a plus
- Self directed to work on solving hard problems without being asked
- Ability to lead and motivate others
Highly computer literate
Close attention to detail
High work standards
Planner and organizer
Excellent Communication Skills
Perks & Benefits
- Annual performance-related bonuses
- Wellbeing & Performance Programme e.g. Weekly wellbeing hour, early Friday finish and more.
- Flexible hours, holiday time, and remote working options
- Standard annual leave in Ireland
To apply, please send your CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be a great fit to [email protected]. Include anything that tells us a bit about who you are or why impacting education matters to you.