Technical Support Engineer
Limerick | Ireland
A little about us
We're helping students fulfil their potential.
- Be part of the next transformational education company
- Own and solve some intriguing and rewarding problems
- Be a key part of our early growth and scale journey
€28k - €38k
jumpAgrade is building the world’s best personalised teaching platform. We are making personalised teaching possible by unlocking teacher’s time to reach students with a tailored learning experience. Why? Because students who received personalised instruction perform better than 98% of traditionally taught students. We are building a global SaaS learning platform to provide world-class personalised teaching experiences for the modern day learners and teachers. Our software platform allows schools, institutions and organisations to bring together the best practices in teaching & learning with digital learning systems.
We’re looking for a key new member to join our small but talented product team. We pride ourselves in fast-paced development while still maintaining high-quality products with simplicity in mind for our end users. You’ll be working with a growing team of engineers distributed across the globe at a time where you’ll have a huge impact on the products but also shaping how that team of engineers grows, performs and delivers amazing experiences that facilitate learning in ways that wouldn’t have been possible before now. We’re looking for an engineer who shares our passion for innovating in the education sector, who can quickly learn, adapt, and grow in a fast-moving startup. You will be a great fit if you are driven by a strong sense of purpose and see education as a transformational way to help learners to fulfil their potential.
- You’re a empathetic, analytical and technically minded person with fantastic troubleshooting skills;
- You are driven to help customers and can dive deep into learning & understanding a new technical product inside and out;
- You will be providing top-notch customer support through many different channels of communication, including email, phone and chat;
- You will be looking for solutions to problems, identifying bugs and propose improvements if something could work better;
- You will be working closely with our engineering & product teams to help inform product improvements & features;
- Proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning;
- You’re passionate about technology and love trying new tools;
- You have a base knowledge or interest in learning a programming language;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- You’re a problem solver and can make decisions;
- You’re curious and have a natural ability to “zoom out” of a problem, in order to ask the right questions;
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, replicate and follow-up on customer issues;
- You’re a people person - you love talking to people on the phone and building strong connection with customers;
- You’re an empathiser - you connect with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues;
- You’re able to explain complex issues in simple terms;
- You’re a great teammate that can follow and lead depending on the situation;
- You’re keen to plan, organise and prioritise work.
Good to Haves
- Experience in a previous technical customer support or customer success role;
- You have a computer science, software engineering degree or a similar IT qualification;
- Knowledge of databases and data storage;
- Experience with programming or software engineering.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours, vacation time, and remote working options
- Enjoy annual performance-related bonuses
To apply, please send your CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be a great fit to [email protected]. Include anything that tells us a bit about who you are or why impacting education matters to you.